About our Events
As one of the most active Chambers of Commerce in Thailand, AustCham averages around 40-50 events per year. Member preferential pricing is usually available. Members are encouraged to suggest topics and speakers for events - Let us know if you have an idea for an event.
To see what's on our forward calendar, visit the Upcoming Events section of our website. View our Event Photographs. Sponsor an Event and promote your brand.
Our Speakers and Talks Series includes three main formats:
- Boardroom Briefs aim to be brief, focused and interactive. Topics typically appeal to a specific cross-section of AustCham members. With between 10 - 30 attendees, we encourage dialogue and discussion and offer a buffet or similar breakfast or lunch.
- Luncheon Addresses are more formal and usually include a three course western set lunch. High-profile speakers present on topics of broad interest to around 30 - 50 AustCham members and friends.
- Keynote Dinners are similar to the luncheon address format and typically held at some of Bangkok's top hotels.
AustCham has four Signature Events:
- Sundowners is our monthly business networking function. Routinely attracting around 250 business people to top-venues around Bangkok, Sundowners is widely regarded as the best of its kind in Thailand. Sundowners networking is also held regularly on Thailand's Eastern Seaboard industrial heartland. Business presentations are often held prior to Sundowners and include member briefings, presentations on specific industry topics and information sessions.
- The AustCham Ball is the Chamber's annual major gala event. With around 400 - 500 members and guests, the evening features a formal three course meal, first class entertainment and fundraising for the Chamber's corporate social responsibility initiatives. With the glamour and excitement of the evening, the Ball has become a memorable and anticipated event on the AustCham social calendar. As well as a great night to celebrate being Australian (or being interested in Australia) the Ball is a major fundraising opportunity for AustCham's community services program.
- The Australian Football League (AFL) Grand Final Family Fun Day recreates the big-game atmosphere of the MCG. With around 500 guests annually, there is no bigger Australian-related event in Thailand.
- The annual ANZAC Day trip is an annual 2 day Chamber organised tour program which coincides with ANZAC Day commemorative activities in Thailand. Open to members and all interested members of the public, the 2-day itinerary includes a visit to the Hellfire Pass Museum and attendance at the ANZAC Day Dawn Service at Hellfire Pass and Wreath Laying Service at Kanchanaburi War Cemetery.