In Celebration of the 50 Years of ASEAN, the ASEAN Business Forum and Networking Dinner is being organized by the Council for International Trade and Commerce South Australia in association with its member ASEAN Business Councils and Chambers of Commerce, and with the support of the ANZ Bank and the Department of State Development, Government of South Australia.
The objectives of the Forum are to:
- Enhance the understanding of the economic, cultural and political environment between Australia and ASEAN;
- Celebrate “50 Years of ASEAN / Australia diplomatic relations”;
- Improve understanding of the ASEAN – Australia - NZ Free Trade Agreement;
- Increase bilateral trade in goods and services as well as investment between Australia and the ASEAN region; and
- Assist participants in the Forum to identify and secure more opportunities for Australian firms to compete and succeed in regional value chains in ASEAN countries and throughout Asia.
The ASEAN Australia Business Forum will combine informative and engaging speakers with the opportunity for industry colleagues to network and discuss important issues.
Industry sectors to be discussed at the Forum which are key growth area for Australia are Power, Energy and Services Technology, Aged Care, the Arts, Education and Skills development, Agribusiness including Food and Wine industries.
The ASEAN Business Forum will combine over 30 informative and engaging speakers, with time for industry colleagues to network and discuss trade and investment opportunities, culminating with a multicultural Networking Dinner.
The prominent speakers include:
- The Honourable Jay Weatherill MP, Premier of South Australia
- Hon Penny Wong, Leader of the Opposition in the Australian Senate and Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Frances Adamson, Secretary of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs
- Pehin Dato Lim Jock Seng, Brunei Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Christine Holgate, CEO & Managing Director, Blackmores and New Colombo Plan Business Champion
- Jane Duke, Australian Ambassador to ASEAN
- Brenton Mauriello, CEO DWP, Thailand and President of Australian Thai Chamber of Commerce
- John Hancock AM, Chairman, John W. Hancock & Associates Ltd.
- Amanda Gorely, Australian Ambassador to the Philippines
- Wendy Holdenson, Mitsui & Co, Executive Vice President and New Colombo Plan Business Champion
- Michael Clifton, General Manager East Asia, Austrade
- Moya Dodd, Vice-president of the Asian Football Confederation, Partner, Gilbert & Tobin
- Alfonzo Ianniello, CEO, Detmold Packaging
These internationally renowned speakers will share their experiences, challenges, opportunities, tips and insights into the world of international trade and relations. CITCSA looks forward to welcoming delegates to this exciting event in South Australia that will open up and provide trade and investment opportunities with the ASEAN region.
The event also features the 50 Years Celebratory Networking Dinner.
A copy of latest program is available here