The Auto Council, Trade & Investment, and Human Resources Committees would like to invite you to join the panel discussion on 'Thailand 4.0: Plans & Challenges for Harnessing Human Capital.' The meeting will be held in Pattaya and will precede the May Eastern Seaboard Networking evening. The event is hosted by AMCHAM, held in conjunction with the Australian, British, Canadian, German, Mexican, Singapore, South African, and Dutch chambers of commerce and BeluThai, and sponsored by Hemaraj Land And Development Public Company Limited and Caterpillar (Thailand) Ltd.
With the unveiling of “Thailand 4.0”, the Royal Thai Government aims to propel the country into a new economic era based on innovation, creativity and value-added services. One of the key pillars of this 100 billion Baht scheme is aimed at increasing the competitiveness of Thailand’s people, education, technology and innovation. The Government has stated that collaboration between public and private sectors will be critical to the success of this mission.
A recent study by the Quality Learning Foundation, Dhurakij Pundit University and Mahidol University, estimates Thailand will need to produce 1.6 million skilled workers annually for the next 15 years to support the requirements of moving into the era of 4.0. Developing Thailand’s current and future human resources for technology-based manufacturing industries is therefore at the forefront of the discussion.
With a focus on the Eastern Economic Corridor, AMCHAM’s Auto Council, Trade & Investment and HR Committees have invited government officials and critical private sector business leaders from the automotive, electronics and aerospace industries to discuss the human capital challenges and opportunities in achieving the next stage in Thailand’s development.
3:30 pm Registration
4:00 pm Opening remarks by David Nardone, Group Executive Industrial and International, Hemaraj Land And Development Public Company Limited and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, WHA Corporation Public Company Limited
4:10 pm Presentations:
- Preparing Quality Workers for Industry: Dr. Kitipong Promwong Ph.D, Secretary-General, Thailand National Science, Technology & Innovation Policy Office (NST).
- Electronics & IT Manufacturing Industry: Jeffrey Nygaard – Senior Vice President & Head of Global Operations & Supply Chain, Seagate Technology (Thailand) Limited, President of AMCHAM's Board of Governors
- Automotive Industry: Somnuek Ngamtrakulchol – Vice President ASEAN of Human Resources, General Motors (Thailand) Limited
- Aerospace & Aviation Industry: Remy Maitam – President, Triumph Aviation Services, Triumph Group
- Precision Optical & Electro-mechanical: Dr. Harpal Gill, President & COO, Fabrinet Company Limited
- Moderator: Richard Jackson, General Manager of RLC Recruitment Company Limited
6:00 pm End of the seminar. Continue to the Joint Chambers Eastern Seaboard Networking
Non-members: please click here for payment tools.
Booking and payment deadline: May 17
Reservations not cancelled within 2 business day of the event will be charged as a no-show and invoiced . If the event falls on a Monday or is preceded by a holiday, cancellation is required by the previous business day.