The Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) legislation was approved and published in the Royal Gazette on 27 May, 2019. A one-year grace period was given, while the committee and office was to be formed, and the act is due to take affect from 27 May, 2020. The PDPA will not only have an impact on digital marketing and how marketers effectively target customers, but will also impact all businesses collecting data from persons residing in Thailand.
To help our Members prepare for the impact of the PDPA on their businesses, AustCham Thailand’s Digital IT & Innovation, Legal, and Small Business & Entrepreneur Committees have invited Florian Maier, Managing Director of Antares Advisory and Bernard Collin, CEO of SafeComs, to provide a briefing on PDPA : Legal Update & Implementation Guide, on Wednesday 19 February, 8.30-10.30, at Glowfish Sathorn.
Florian and Bernard will run through important aspects of the legislation and implementation requirements, including how to comply, risks involved, and penalties that apply if not compliant.
Date: Wednesday 19 February, 2020
Time: 8.30 – 10.30 hrs
- 8.15 – 8.30 hrs - Registration
- 8.30 – 10.30 hrs – “PDPA : Legal Update & Implementation Guide”
- Florian Maier, Managing Director of Antares Advisory; Florian is the Managing Director of Antares Advisory. He joined Antares in 2014. Prior to that, Florian has been working for a German-owned law firm in Bangkok and, subsequently, for 5 years for a law firm in Stuttgart, Germany, advising mid-sized German companies with respect to international contract law. He speaks German, English and French and he has an extensive experience in all legal matters, including tax law.
- Bernard Collin, CEO of SafeComs; Bernard is a long-time resident in Thailand and the CEO of SafeComs, a company focusing on IT Support and Security.
Cost: 400 baht for AustCham members and 800 baht for non-members; includes light breakfast, coffee & tea
Payment methods: here
Location: Glowfish Sathorn, 2nd floor, Sathorn Thani 2 Building (Chongnonsi BTS station)
Payment and Cancellation policy:
1. Payment MUST be made in advance to confirm your reservation
2. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours (2 days) before the event via email orphone call to the AustCham office. Note that cancellations received less than 48 hours (2 days) are not able to receive a refund and are not eligible for transfer or exchange.
3. For those who intend to pay at the door, late cancellation notice or non-attendancewill be charged with no-show invoice unconditionally
AustCham would like to thank:
Heritage Estates Co., Ltd. is a real estate investment company privately owned by Mr. Isara Vongkusolkit and family. The company owns and, through its
subsidiaries, manages The Pride –Asoke Towers Office Building on Sukhumvit 21 and Ad Lib a boutique hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 1.
Thanks to AustCham Platinum sponsor 2020: