I am writing to you on behalf of AustCham’s Board of Directors to update you on what the Chamber plans to do regarding our membership services including our event policy, as the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic continues to escalate around the world.
First and foremost, our highest priority is the safety, health and wellbeing of our members, which extends to all employees of member companies and their families. We are committed as an organisation to following the guidelines outlined by global governing bodies and institutions including the WHO, Thai government and relevant agencies. As such, we are constantly monitoring any updates on how the best to manage the situation as it continues to evolve.
With this in mind, the COVID-19 situation and recommended measures to mitigate risk was the main topic at our Board of Directors’ meeting held tonight (17th March 2020) and the following was agreed upon:
- AustCham Events – Our upcoming events wherever possible and practical, will move to a digital/webinar format, alternatively should that not be possible or suitable, events will be postponed to a later date
- Please keep an eye on our Events Calendar and emails / social media
announcements for updates
- Wednesday 18th March | Digital Workshop Episode 10 changed to Webinar; to register, click here
- Friday 20th March | ESB Events – NS Bluescope Rayong Site Visit, Joint Chamber Business Briefing, Joint Chamber ESB Sundowners. Has been postponed, rescheduling dates to follow at a later date
- Thursday 26th March | FCA Luncheon with Minister of Tourism & Sports, H.E. Mr. Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn is under discussions, with more information to follow
- Wednesday 1st April | Songkran Sundowners has been cancelled, updates to our Sundowners schedules in following months will be updated accordingly
- 24th – 25th April | ANZAC Day Tour is pending formal reviews with the Australian Government
- Online Promotion Services – AustCham will continue to promote our members’ businesses via our Promotional Offers, Member News, and Member Hosted Events. Please contact the AustCham office as usual if you would like to submit marketing material: email@example.com
- Advice and Consultation – the AustCham office is committed to assisting members through the current challenges and are happy to answer any questions from members or point them in the right direction to other members who may be able to assist. Feel free to contact Brendan Cunningham our Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-704-0888 if you have any questions or comments
As always, we are open to suggestions from members on what topics you would like us to address in our webinars and future events. The Chamber remains committed to delivering member benefits wherever possible in coming months. If you have any ideas, please feel free to contact us anytime.
In closing, a timely reminder that AustCham Thailand’s three pillars are Business, Connections and Community, and the strength of our community is paramount during these challenging times. I am confident we are all equally committed as a community to help and support each other, and sincerely wish you, your businesses and their families the very best in these difficult times.
President – AustCham Thailand