Tourism eyes around the world are focused on the resort island of Phuket, Thailand. In the last two weeks the reopening of international, vaccinated travel to the Phuket Sandbox has created a model for other resort destinations to restart their tourism economies. A key emerging storyline from the island’s frenzied runaway to 1st July has been the remarkable cross sector partnerships that has become a true catalyst of change.
This timely one-hour online event is an opportunity to hear from industry experts who have been involved in the process and will be sharing their learnings. The event will also have an extensive question and answer session. The event will be particularly useful for those in the travel trade industry, media and tourism sectors given the Sandbox platform will likely emerge in other destinations.
• Bhummikitti Ruktaengam, President, Phuket Tourist Association
• Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, Deputy Governor for International Marketing Europe Africa Middle East and Americas, Tourism Authority of Thailand
• Ravi Chandran, Managing Director, Laguna Phuket and Executive Vice President – Banyan Tree Group
• Kittiphong Sansomboon, Executive Director Customer, Brand & Marketing, Thai Airways International
• Bill Barnett, Managing Director, C9 Hotelworks
• Peter Weibel, Director of Sales & Marketing International Markets, JTB Thailand
• David Johnson, CEO, Delivering Asia Communications
• Sumi Soorian, Business Development Director, Delivering Asia Communications