Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok, Bangkok’s most happening Langsuan landmark, presents Thailand’s first ever “Chilli Fest” with bold flavours guaranteed to spike your dopamine levels to the new heights. Chilli Fest takes over the lush Urban Oasis on Saturday, 27 May, 2023 and a fiery Sunday brunch on Sunday, 28 May 2023 at Stock.Room on the 5th floor. This exciting weekend is jam-packed with MICHELIN-calibre chefs, famous restaurants, hot entertainment, an eye-watering chilli-eating competition and much more.
Guests tackle the heat with beloved street food favourites from the spiciest parts of the world, including Mexico, India, China, Chile, Indonesia and, of course, Thailand, prepared by talented chefs from upscale Bangkok restaurants and participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties in South East Asia with prices starting from THB 100 only.
Featured chefs, eateries and searingly spicy dishes include:
- Haoma: Chef Deepanker Khosla, innovative mastermind behind one-MICHELIN Star and a MICHELIN green star for outstanding work in sustainability, neo-Indian restaurant, serves up fiery Banaras Ki Chaat, Lahori Chicken Ribs and Tiger Prawn Madras Curry with Dried Shrimp Pulao.
- Baan: this MICHELIN Guide family-style, comfort Thai is by Chef ‘Ton’ Thitid Tassanakajohn whose recent accolade brings Thai food at the forefront with one-MICHELIN starred Le Du and the coveted number one spot in Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2023 and Nusara at number 3 in Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants 2023. Baan will be serving up their signature Khao Ka Pao Nua and Khao Soi Gai.
- SANEH JAAN: this one MICHELIN-Star eatery is famous for its first-class ingredients from across Thailand. Chef ‘Toi’ Pilaipon Kamnag prepares Khao Mun Som Tum and Gung Pad Prik Ki Nu Suan.
- RESTAURANT CODA BANGKOK: Chef ‘Tap’ Supasit Kokpol, a successful challenger on Iron Chef Thailand season 9, and founder of the contemporary Thai-Chinese restaurant, presents his culinary prowess through the creative dishes including Fish Terrine, Charcoal-Grilled Cuttlefish and Mango Burnt Chilli Shaved Ice.
- Hong Bao: One of Thailand’s most popular Cantonese-Style restaurants brings on the heat from the South of China with Steamed Shrimp Wontons with Red Oil and Sze Chuan Stir-Fried Chicken with Dried Chili.
- Gaby & Megan: Female power is on fire in the kitchen with Megan Leon and Gaby Espinosa Real and their skills honed at Bangkok’s Bo.Lan, Nahm, Eat Me and Ms. Maria and Mr. Singh. The dynamic duo teams up to serve up Aguachile with Shrimp and Chorizo plus Potato Flautas with Avocado Crema and Spicy Red Salsa.
InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) talent is represented by Chef Rodrigo Martinez (Chilean) from InterContinental Saigon, Vietnam and Chef Rangga Perdana Putra (Indonesian) from InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, Indonesia. From Hotel Indigo Bangkok Wireless Road comes Chef Jaime Rojas (Mexican) in a special Mexican collaboration with Kimpton Maa-Lai Bangkok’s Executive Chef Lamberto Valdez Lara while Sindhorn Midtown Hotel Bangkok, Vignette Collection presents Top Chef Thailand contestant Chef ‘Golf’ Phukvarun Watchmon (Thai) and her repertoire of authentic Thai flavours with a dash of modern twists.
Cool off from the heat with Two to Tipsy by Roasts crafted ice cream, which includes a special chilli recipe created just for this event. Experience an oddly perfect pairing between their ice cream and your favourite drink in hand.
Another highlight calls for the bravest hot heads to join the chilli-eating competition to vie for the grand cash prize of THB 10,000. Contestants need to show their mettle by munching on increasingly hot chilli peppers, up to a scorching 2,200,000 Scoville heat units, with the last competitor standing the ultimate winner. Second and third place winners receive dining vouchers worth THB 7,000 and THB 4,000 respectively. The contest is free and open to the public for whoever dares.
Other exciting activities include a chance to shop gourmet hot sauce by That Daeng Sauce and Firepower Hot Sauces, the application of free small chilli tattoos by California Ink Bangkok, a fire show and entertainment by DJs and live bands. Guests can even wander through the “Hot House” – a greenhouse built specially to propagate different variations of chillies that spice up the hotel’s kitchens.
The Chilli Fest takes place on Saturday, 27 May 2023 at Urban Oasis from 2:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. The entry fee is at THB 150 that comes with one complimentary drink. Grab an early bird deal at THB 100 only.
A portion of proceeds will be donated to CCF Foundation.
For those who are looking to join a mini-chilli fest-themed brunch at Stock.Room, this heat-packed Sunday brunch is available from 12:00 p.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, 28 May 2023 that features dishes from our guest chefs’ heat-tastic dishes at the live stations. The Sunday Brunch is at THB 2,550++ per person, including soft drinks, or can be paired with unlimited tipples for THB 3,500++ per person. Children ages 6 – 12 can enjoy the fête for THB 888++, and children under 6 dine free.
For information, please visit our website https://bit.ly/PRChilliFestEN or call us at 02 056 9999.