According to a 2014 survey of visual impairment and blindness:
- 0.6% of Thai people are blind
- 12.6% are visually-impaired
➜ Over 92% of blindness cases could have been prevented.
➜ More than 76.8% could have been treated.
HOW TO DETECT A CORNEAL PROBLEM?
- Blurred or warped vision
- Cloudy cornea
- Contact lens irritating and not fitting the eyes
- Corneal ulcer
- Frequent changes in eyeglass prescriptions
- Red and swollen eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Starbursts around lights
- Sudden poor vision
- Unusually high astigmatism
WHAT TO DO IF YOU EXPERIENCE SYMPTOMS?
See an eye doctor before the symptoms become so severe, leading to blindness.
Corneal transplant is a treatment method used to restore vision to those with a cornea condition or a damaged cornea.
WHERE TO GET TREATED?
Bumrungrad’s Corneal Transplant Center:
- Comprehensive range of treatment and care services for corneal diseases especially complex ones.
- Team of experienced ophthalmologists with advanced expertise.
- Modern medical technology and equipment.
For more information about the services offered or to make an appointment, click here .
Corneal Transplant Center: 02 011 3886
App Bumrungrad Anywhere: